A Message from the Founder and CEO
Creator of the Crons Achievers Program
CEO of The Crons Brand™
One of the greatest lessons kids can learn is that they can accomplish almost anything in life if they understand how to set and manage goals.
All too often, kids are told why they can’t achieve their goals instead of what needs to happen so they can accomplish them. My whole life growing up people told me why I couldn’t or wouldn’t achieve the goals I set for myself. As soon as there was a challenge or a little bit of adversity, they were quick to say, “I told you so.” As adults, we sometimes think our children set goals that are out of reach rather than realizing that challenges are an important part of their developmental process.
I’ve seen many kids who could have accomplished so much more but didn’t reach their potential. One of the things we all have to remember is that even when we face challenges in achieving goals, there is an opportunity to participate in a learning process that will actually help us turn our ambitions into accomplishments. As our children learn to set and manage goals and overcome challenges, they will be able to take these skills and experiences with them down any path in life.
Biography: Pat Cavanaugh
Pat Cavanaugh developed the Crons Achievers Program to help ensure young people are equipped with the skills they need to overcome challenges and accomplish their goals. He is a living example of the success you can reach when you set goals and work hard to achieve them.
- President of Cavanaugh Marketing Network
- Founder and CEO of The Crons Brand and the Crons Achievers Program
- Comes from a family of educators – both Pat's mother and father earned their master's degrees and were long-time teachers and administrators
- Attended the U.S. Military Academy Preparatory School
- Walked on to the University of Pittsburgh basketball team, earned a scholarship, and became a two-year captain for a top 10-ranked basketball team – the only former walk-on to become a team captain
- B.S. (Economics), University of Pittsburgh, 1990; MBA, University of Pittsburgh, 1993
- Did additional graduate work at the University of Pittsburgh's School of Public and International Affairs, working at the Pittsburgh Board of Education
- Started promotional products company in his college apartment and grew it into an Inc. 500 company ranked in the top one percent of its industry
- Named an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year and inducted into their National Entrepreneur Hall of Fame
- Featured in multiple national business publications like Inc. Magazine and Sales & Marketing Management Magazine (featured in same story as Steve Jobs and Michael Dell)
- Honored by Walmart for business excellence